Project/Design & Development Professional
A business background within a variety of industries compliments my teaching/training design and development skills in the areas of technology, pedagogy, and management principles and practices.
Program/Project/Business Coordinator: Experienced supervising the everyday operations of programs and performing duties such as overseeing staff, evaluating the program’s effectiveness, increasing community awareness, supporting program goals, developing plans, organizing events, and tracking budgets. A proven history of demonstrating creativity, strategic thinking, leadership, excellent communication skills, flexibility, and management abilities. My background outlines a results-focused individual with experience working on complex projects and wearing many hats including: project manager, writer, problem solver, innovator, facilitator, researcher, developer, media and editing. Detail-oriented individual with proficiency in MS office Suite, Adobe CC, Adobe Premiere PRO, Camtasia, Windows / MAC platforms, WordPress, Articulate Storyline, Data Analysis and Internet research.
Training/Instructional Design: My Focus is on expected outcomes based on a learner’s prior skills, experience, expectations and needs, and design based on the available technology, budget and time. Analyze learning contexts to develop appropriate, workable instructional solutions. Create content that can be used in the learner’s professional field, in cooperation with SME’s, professionals and team members.Learning Experience Design skills cover a range of education and training from corporate to government to non-profit environments. Skill-set that includes designing, developing, and implementing instructional materials and solutions that both integrate learning technology and align with learning/training outcomes.
Program Coordinator, Undergraduate Advising – Purdue University
- Curriculog Curriculum Specialist – Collaborate with faculty, advisors & administration to process curriculum/course changes & development through Purdue Curriculum Management System
- Training & Process Development – Team up with faculty & administration to map out Curriculog processes, workflows, training videos, & job aids
- Marketing & Communication – Adept in the technical, conceptual and content development of student communication & marketing material
- Data Analytics – collect and review data from various campus systems to create visual charts & graphs for administration analysis
- Design & layout – Responsible for managing/designing all student content including website maintenance, design & development, advising worksheets for Krannert School of Management for Advising offices.
- Project Management – Project manager for Curriculog projects, develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs, some current projects have included:
- Advisor Training Manual & Adobe Captivate Module – Conceptualized, developed & maintain Undergraduate advisor training program in compliance with NACADA standards
- STAR student module – Collaborated with stakeholders to develop & lead Krannert STAR student training project
- Curriculog Training Module – developed Curriculog training module in Articulate storyline
- Business Coordination 95% 95%
- Program Management 89% 89%
- Website Maintenance 90% 90%
- Business Process Evaluation 85% 85%
- Technology Coordination 85% 85%
- Training & Development 80% 80%
- Human Resources 80% 80%
- Social Media 60% 60%
Below are some experience highlights
Short Term Administrative Positions
Office Manager, IOT Startup SensorHound Inc., a high-tech startup, is developing breakthrough security and reliability solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Office Management- Payroll, A/P & A/R Quickbooks
- Developing/managing administrative systems
- Overseeing the recruitment of new staff, including employee induction and exit
- Enforcing company policies related to HR, administration and management
- Meeting and event coordination
- Organizing the office layout and purchases, and recording office expenditure and managing budgets.
Estate Planning & Administration Paralegal
- Drafting wills, codicils, heath care directives, trust agreements and amendments for the attorney’s review, preparing and recording powers of attorney, deeds, memoranda of trust and other recordable instruments.
- Focus on collection and valuation of estate assets, preparing and filing probate documents in administration of the estate or to relieve the estate from administration, filing life insurance claims and other death benefit claims, ensuring that beneficiaries and next of kin are properly noticed regarding the admission of the will and other probate hearings, administering estate accounts and assisting with investment, transferring and/or liquidating estate assets, and assisting with the transfer of non-probate assets.
- Draft documents regarding forming limited liability corporations as well as deed preparation for real estate transactions.
EA – Serve as a member of the senior management team, providing information and analysis used for management team decision making.
- Organize and oversee the planning and implementation, and resource allocation, to ensure project deliverables are on time and within budget for Board activities and events.
- Create and prepare delivery of press releases, annual reports and newsletters.
- Prepare marketing strategy as a senior management team member.
- Assist senior management team in preparing documents for RFP’s, contracts, reports and other correspondence.
- Project and modeling skills to represent information in graphical forms that enhance decision making and communications.
Senior Corporate Services Coordinator - Mattel, Inc.
Coordinated all administrative function for LAF branch. Ensured overall administrative functions of office including Accounting, Facilities, Human Resource, and Information technology. Coordinated globally with corporate and vendors to maintain productivity and ensure team efficiency. Worked closely with manager to ensure teams had necessary resources to complete project tasks on time and within budget.
- Increased productivity / efficiency by training employees on how to minimally maintain their machines.
- Researched, procured, and implemented software / supplies to improve team productivity and efficiency.
- Decreased purchase order creation 40% by bringing function in-house instead of at corporate.
- Implemented several cost efficiency policies, programs and contract negotiations that reducing LAF budget $40K year.
- Managed relations with over 200 vendor accounts and coordinated all account set-up / maintenance.
- Organized HR functions by creating New Employee Orientation packets, before hire and setting up system to maintain HR forms.
E-zine Managing Editor
Managing Layout Editor for Quarterly E-zine publication for Laboratory Animal Management Association Members. Each quarter a compilation of articles, book reviews, and various items concerning the management of facilities and employees in a laboratory setting are published in this E-zine. I coordinate articles with Editor, manage LAMA Writers, secure copyright permissions, electronic ads/files, and layout the 47-50 page quarterly.
IT Special Projects
PSR/IT Special Projects, RIGGS COMMUNITY HEALTH CLINIC
Served as IT Special Projects under CEO, acted as Help-Desk and Tier 1 support for health clinic employing 100 people serving over 15K patients.
- Recognized by management for improving end-user knowledge by creating .PDF manuals with screen shots for employees on routine procedures.
- Developed PowerPoint to train new employees / tech manuals.
- Setup, troubleshot, and maintained IT systems.
- Coordinated $100K Information Technology restructure in conjunction with local vendors to replace all servers / machines to comply with Electronic Health Record requirements
Independent Administrative Professional
Served in business manager, executive assistant, project management, and office manager roles for 7 companies including DHL and Eli Lilly in contract, temp, or short-term employment positions.
- Received outstanding recognition from management as copyright editor for quarterly e-zine coordinating articles, advertisement, and copyright permissions for LAMA Review.
- Recognized by DHL Regional Executive for outstanding coordination of 2 office relocations for 4 departments / 60 people, and ensuring that all IT and space allocations were up and running within 2 days.
- Designed and implemented systems and procedures for 2 companies that increased productivity across administrative areas, and allowed for entry level employees to assume administrative roles.
- Received recognition by RVP of SunDance Rehabilitation for organizing company relocation, reducing paper file storage 350%, and new employee on-boarding time 25%.
- Implemented office procedures and systems that allowed St. Louis Region of SunDance Rehabilitation to pass corporate audit of office functions for first time in 5 years.
- Designed, built and populated MS Access database that housed Child in Need of Services cases for Tippecanoe County.
- Coordinated with upper level management to design and implement websites for several companies.
- Recognized by manager for designing and overseeing coordination of new filing system for construction projects that reduced paper retrieval time 40%.
Adjunct Faculty - Ivy Tech
Adjunct Faculty – ASA 093 Introduction to College Writing Fall 2013
Performed all instructional duties necessary to teach and facilitate student learning in assigned class. Provided syllabus appropriate to course being taught to students and followed syllabus content and developed teaching tools as appropriate to student learning styles.
- Met scheduled classes of contracted course
- Used technology such as Blackboard, PowerPoint, and other school systems as appropriate
- Maintained student attendance and grading records according to college policy